Aside from the beautiful blossoms, highlights of the two-day Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival include:
- a kimono fashion show (Saturday),
- live music from diverse local artists (Saturday & Sunday),
- Taiko drumming and traditional dance performances (Saturday & Sunday),
- a beer garden featuring pours from Philly’s Triple Bottom Brewing (Saturday & Sunday),
- traditional Japanese tea ceremonies (Saturday & Sunday),
- Ikebana (flower arranging) and Origami (paper folding) workshops (Saturday & Sunday),
- and an absolutely ah-dorable “prettiest pet in pink” parade (Sunday).
In addition to all the action in Fairmount Park, film fanatics can catch seven film screenings of classic movies starring acclaimed Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune at the Lightbox Film Center on select dates from April 7 to 29, 2023. Each screening is presented on 35 mm film in Japanese with English subtitles.